from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The mother of Aphrodite by Zeus.
- n. The satellite of Saturn that is ninth in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the tribe Heliconiini — certain butterflies.
- proper n. Mother of Aphrodite, and possibly the same as the goddess Rhea.
- proper n. The fourth largest moon of Saturn.
- proper n. A female given name.
Greek Diōnē, from Zeus, Di-, Zeus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)