from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A style of instrumental jazz associated with New Orleans and characterized by a relatively fast two-beat rhythm and by group and solo improvisations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The southern states of the US; Dixie.
- proper n. The southwestern corner of Utah; Dixie.
- proper n. A type of jazz that originated in New Orleans.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the 11 southern states that seceded from the U. S. in 1861.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
Sorry, no etymologies found.