from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Fornax and Cetus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A large winter constellation of the northern sky. It lies near Orion and Cetus.
- proper n. A mythical river of northern Europe, rich in amber.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A long, winding constellation extending southward from Taurus and containing the bright star Achernar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ancient southern constellation of the River.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a constellation in the southern hemisphere near Fornax and Cetus
Greek Ēridanos, mythical river associated with the myth of Phaeton.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin Eridanus, from Ancient Greek Ἠριδανός. (Wiktionary)