from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Polish Galicia or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Polish Galicia.
- adj. Of or relating to Spanish Galicia or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Spanish Galicia.
- n. The Portuguese dialect spoken in Spanish Galicia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the historical region of Galicia in Central Europe.
- n. An inhabitant of Galicia, a region in Poland and Ukraine.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the region of Galicia in Iberia.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the people of Galicia (in Iberia) or their culture.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Galician language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Galicia, a region of the northwestern Iberian peninsula.
- proper n. The language of Galicia; a Romance language spoken in the northwestern corner of the Iberian peninsula.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Galicia, in Spain, or to Galicia, the kingdom of Austrian Poland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Galicia, a former kingdom and later countship and province in the northwestern part of Spain (now divided into four provinces), comprising a part of the ancient Roman province of Gallæcia.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Galicia in Spain. Also called Gallegan.
- Pertaining to Galicia, a crownland of the Cisleithan division of Austria-Hungary, on the Russian frontier, formerly a part of Poland.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Galicia in Austria-Hungary; specifically, one of the indigenous inhabitants of Galicia, who are chiefly Slavs, divided into Poles and Ruthenians, speaking their native Slavic tongues.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a language spoken in Galicia in northwestern Spain; it is between Portuguese and Spanish but closer to Portuguese; sometimes considered a Portuguese or Spanish dialect
From Galicia (“region in Central Europe”) + -an. (Wiktionary)
From Galicia (“region in northwest Spain”) + -an. (Wiktionary)