from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the tribe Genisteae — broom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A genus of plants including the common broom of Western Europe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of shrubby leguminous plants, often spiny, with simple leaves (or leafless) and yellow flowers.
- n. In entomology, a genus of cecidomyians.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. chiefly deciduous shrubs or small trees of Mediterranean area and western Asia: broom
Latin genista (Wiktionary)