from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A subdivision of the Insular Celtic languages that includes Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic, and Manx.
- adj. Of or relating to the Gaels.
- adj. Of or relating to Goidelic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the Goidels.
- n. Division of the Celtic languages including Irish, Gaelic and Manx.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Goidels.
- n. The language of the Goidels ancient Celtic of the branch represented by Old Irish, and by modern Irish and Gaelic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland
From Old Irish Goídil, Gael, possibly from Old Welsh -guoidel, Gwyddel.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Goidel + -ic (Wiktionary)