from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An international computer network of Internet servers, using its own protocol through which individual users can hold real-time online conversations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Initialism of Internet Relay Chat. (It is a protocol for instant communication via the Internet.)
- Initialism of Internal Revenue Code.
- Initialism of international reply coupon.
- n. international reply coupon
- v. To participate in IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
I(nternet) R(elay) C(hat).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)