from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Iceland or its people, language, or culture.
- n. The North Germanic language of Iceland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A North Germanic language, the national tongue of Iceland.
- adj. Of or relating to the North Germanic language spoken in Iceland.
- adj. Of or relating to the natives or inhabitants of Iceland.
- adj. Of, relating to, or originating from Iceland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Iceland; relating to, or resembling, the Icelanders.
- n. The language of the Icelanders. It is one of the Scandinavian group, and is more nearly allied to the Old Norse than any other language now spoken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Iceland, a large island belonging to Denmark, in the northernmost part of the Atlantic ocean, east of Greenland.
- n. The language of the Icelanders or of their literature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Scandinavian language that is the official language of Iceland
- adj. of or relating to Iceland or its people or culture and language
Sorry, no etymologies found.