from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Ionia.
- n. One of a Hellenic people of Mycenaean origin that inhabited Attica, the Peloponnesus along the Saronic Gulf, Euboea, the Cyclades, and Ionia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the Hellenic people of that name.
- adj. Ionic, of Ionia, the ancient (ca 1100 BC) region including western Asia Minor and the adjacent Aegean Islands occupied by the Ionian people.
- adj. Relating to Io, one of the moons of the planet Jupiter
- n. A member of the Ionians, one of the races of Ancient Greece.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Ionia or the Ionians; Ionic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to Ionia or to the Ionians; Ionic.
- n. A member of one of the three or (as some count) four great divisions of the ancient Greek race, the others being the Dorians and Æolians, or the Dorians, Æolians, and Acheans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to the ancient Ionians who lived in Attica and related territories, to their Ionic dialect of Greek, or to their culture
- n. the ancient Greek inhabitants of Attica and related regions in Ionia
- n. a member of one of four linguistic divisions of the prehistoric Greeks
From Ionia, from Io (Wiktionary)