from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Italian idiom or custom.
- n. A quality characteristic of Italy or its people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A loanword from the Italian language
- n. A characteristic of Italy or the Italian people
- n. A tendency to assimilate or imitate the culture or customs of Italy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A word, phrase, or idiom, peculiar to the Italians; an Italicism.
- n. Attachment to, or sympathy for, Italy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A word, phrase, idiom, or manner peculiar to the Italians; Italian spirit, principles, or taste.
Sorry, no etymologies found.