from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The satellite of Uranus that is sixth in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name.
- proper n. One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- proper n. A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- proper n. By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- proper n. The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- proper n. The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
After Juliet, heroine of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian Giulietta, diminutive form of Giulia ("Julia"), from Julius, a Roman family name. Cognate with French Juliette. (Wiktionary)