from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A family of languages spoken in the Caucasus mountains that includes Georgian. Also called South Caucasian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a member of a group of related peoples in the South Caucasus, namely Georgians, Svans, Mingrelians and Lazs
- n. a Georgian person, from the endonym ქართველი (k'art'veli)
- proper n. a family of languages spoken by the Kartvelian people
- adj. pertaining to the Kartvelian peoples or languages such as Georgian.
- adj. same as Georgian (language or ethnicity)
From Georgian kartvel-, Georgia, Georgian.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Georgian ქართველი (k'art'veli) + -ian. (Wiktionary)