from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the principal ethnic group of Hungary.
- n. See Hungarian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Hungarian individual.
- proper n. The Hungarian language.
- adj. Hungarian
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. One of the dominant people of Hungary, allied to the Finns; a Hungarian.
- proper n. The language of the Magyars.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Magyars or their language; Hungarian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a race, of the Finno-Ugrian stock, which invaded Hungary about the end of the ninth century, and settled there, where it still forms the predominant element of the population.
- n. The native tongue of Hungary. It belongs to the Ugrian branch of the Ural-Altaic or Scythian tongues.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Hungary
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Hungary
- n. the official language of Hungary (also spoken in Rumania); belongs to the Ugric family of languages
Hungarian.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Hungarian magyar, from Proto-Ugric *mańć- (“man, person”). (Wiktionary)