from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A Hebrew prophet of the sixth century B.C.
- n. See Table at Bible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A book of the Old Testament of Bible, and of the Tanakh.
- proper n. A minor prophet.
- proper n. A male given name mostly used in Ireland as an anglicization of two Gaelic names.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Old Testament book containing the prophecies of Malachi
- n. a Hebrew minor prophet of the 5th century BC
Hebrew Mal'ākî, my messenger : mal'āk, messenger; see lאk in Semitic roots + -î, my.
After Malachi.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Hebrew "my messenger". (Wiktionary)