from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of the indigenous peoples of the Western Hemisphere. The ancestors of the Native Americans are generally considered by scientists to have entered the Americas from Asia by way of the Bering Strait sometime during the late glacial epoch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American Indian, especially in the United States.
- adj. Of the American Indians.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any member of the peoples living in North or South America before the Europeans arrived
- adj. of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.