from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a group of peoples of southern and southeast Africa, including the Swazi, Ndebele, Xhosa, and Zulu.
- n. Any of the Bantu languages of the Nguni.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The group of Southern African indigenous peoples comprising the Zulu, Xhosa and Swazi nations.
- proper n. The group of languages of the Nguni.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of southern Bantu languages
From Zulu nguni ("one of ancient stock"). (Wiktionary)