from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the characteristics of a mythical place of high, typically comic-opera romance: designed Ruritanian uniforms for the honor guard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or having the characteristics of adventure, romance, and intrigue, as in works of romantic fiction.
- adj. Used to describe a fictitious and generic foreign government or person, used to state a general or hypothetical situation.
- n. A person from the fictional land of Ruritania.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Ruritania (or any other imaginary country)
- n. an imaginary inhabitant of Ruritania
After Ruritania, imaginary realm in the novel The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
After Ruritania, a fictional kingdom used as the setting for stories by Anthony Hope (1863-1933). (Wiktionary)