from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of ancient Palestine possibly located south of the Dead Sea. In the Bible, it was destroyed along with Gomorrah because of its wickedness and depravity.
- n. A place well known for vice and corruption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in the Middle East destroyed in the Bible by the Hebrew God for the sins of its inhabitants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Old Testament) an ancient city near the Dead Sea that (along with Gomorrah) was destroyed by God for the wickedness of its inhabitants
- n. any location known for vice and corruption
After Sodom 1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek Σόδομα, from the Classical Hebrew סדם (Sedom). (Wiktionary)