from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Solomon fl. tenth century B.C. King of Israel famous for his wisdom and his architectural projects, including the Temple in Jerusalem.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A king of Israel famous for his wisdom.
- proper n. A male given name.
- n. A very large champagne bottle (named after the king) with the capacity of about 20 liters, equivalent to 28 standard bottles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the kings of Israel, noted for his superior wisdom and magnificent reign; hence, a very wise man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Old Testament) son of David and king of Israel noted for his wisdom (10th century BC)
Hebrew šəlōmōh, his peace : šālōm, peace; see šlm in Semitic roots + -ōh, his.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Hebrew שְׁלֹמֹה (Shlomo), from שָׁלוֹם (shalom, "peace"). (Wiktionary)