from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The modification of the culture of a group or individual as a result of contact with a different culture.
- n. The process by which the culture of a particular society is instilled in a human from infancy onward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A process by which the culture of an isolated society changes on contact with a different one, especially a more advanced society.
- n. A process by which a person acquires the culture of the society that he/she inhabits, starting at birth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of adopting and assimilating foreign cultural elements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. all the knowledge and values shared by a society
- n. the adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture
- n. the process of assimilating new ideas into an existing cognitive structure
Sorry, no etymologies found.