from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The intrinsic property in radiation that produces photochemical activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That property of electromagnetic radiation that leads to the production of photochemical effects
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The property of radiant energy (found chiefly in solar or electric light) by which chemical changes are produced, as in photography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The radiation of heat or light, or that branch of natural philosophy which treats of the radiation of heat and light.
- n. That property of light which, as may be seen in photography, produces chemical combinations and decompositions.
- n. In botany, the chemical action of sunlight on plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of radiation that enables it to produce photochemical effects
actin- + -ism (Wiktionary)