from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Becoming alkaline; slightly alkaline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Slightly alkaline; having the properties of an alkali.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to the properties of an alkali; slightly alkaline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Becoming or tending to become alkaline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to become alkaline; slightly alkaline
alkal(i) + -escent.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
alkali + -escent (Wiktionary)