from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Appropriate; satisfactory; acceptable.
- adj. Intellectually admissible; valid; probable.
- adj. Able to be added or deducted in consideration of something.
- adj. Permissible; tolerable; legitimate.
- adj. Praiseworthy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Praiseworthy; laudable.
- adj. Proper to be, or capable of being, allowed; permissible; admissible; not forbidden; not unlawful or improper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proper to be or capable of being allowed or permitted; not forbidden; legitimate; permissible: as, a certain degree of freedom is allowable among friends.
- Praiseworthy; laudable; worthy of sanction or approval; satisfactory; acceptable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deductible according to the tax laws
- adj. deserving to be allowed or considered
- adj. that may be permitted especially as according to rule
Old French alouable (Modern French allouable), from allouer. (Wiktionary)