from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of both letters and numbers.
- adj. Consisting of or using letters, numbers, punctuation marks, and mathematical and other conventional symbols: an alphanumeric code.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting of letters and numbers, especially the characters A to Z (lowercase and uppercase) and 0 to 9
- adj. Consisting of these characters plus punctuation and other special characters
- n. An alphanumeric character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to alphanumeric characters
alpha(betic) + numeric(al).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
alpha(betic) + numeric (Wiktionary)