from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to alpinism.
- n. A mountain climber, especially in the European Alps or in ranges of similar ruggedness and elevation.
- n. A downhill skier who practises the sport on high mountains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A climber of the Alps.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An alpine climber; an alpestrian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mountain climber who specializes in difficult climbs
Sorry, no etymologies found.