from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a generalization of the list-producing unfolds known from functional programming to arbitrary abstract data types that can be described as final coalgebras
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A distorted image.
- n. A gradual progression from one type to another, generally ascending.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as anamorphosis, 2 and 3.
- n. In geology, that variety of metamorphism which takes place below the zone in which cavities may exist. It results in the production of new minerals under conditions of great pressure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. metamorphism that occurs deep under the earth's surface; changes simple minerals into complex minerals
- n. a distorted projection or perspective; especially an image distorted in such a way that it becomes visible only when viewed in a special manner
- n. the evolution of one type of organism from another by a long series of gradual changes
ana- + morphism (Wiktionary)