from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, characterized by, or full of anecdotes.
- adj. Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis: "There are anecdotal reports of children poisoned by hot dogs roasted over a fire of the [oleander] stems” ( C. Claiborne Ray).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the nature of or relating to an anecdote.
- adj. Containing or abounding in anecdotes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or abounding with, anecdotes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting of anecdotes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the character of an anecdote
- adj. characterized by or given to telling anecdotes
anecdote + -al (Wiktionary)