from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of vectors, parallel but of opposite direction
- adj. describing the orientations of the two strands of DNA
- adj. describing two beta strands comprising a protein's secondary structure that are aligned and hydrogen bonded but the vector describing the amino- and carboxy-terminal ends of each strand are oriented 180° relative to one another.
- n. A line that forms equal angles with two other lines, but in opposite directions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Running in a contrary direction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Running parallel but in a contrary direction.
- n. In geometry, one of two or more lines which make equal angles with two other lines, but in contrary order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (especially of vectors) parallel but oppositely directed
anti- + parallel (Wiktionary)