from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being in apposition.
- n. Grammar A word or phrase that is in apposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : a word or phrase that is in apposition.
- adj. of or being in apposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to apposition; in apposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Apposite; applicable.
- In grammar, placed in apposition; standing over against its subject in the construction of the sentence.
- n. In grammar, a word in apposition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or being in apposition
Sorry, no etymologies found.