from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who performs appraisals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who appraises; esp., a person appointed and sworn to estimate and fix the value of goods or estates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who appraises, or estimates worth of any kind, intellectual, moral, or material; specifically, a person licensed and sworn to estimate and fix the value of goods or estate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who estimates officially the worth or value or quality of things
- n. one who determines authenticity (as of works of art) or who guarantees validity
to appraise + -er (Wiktionary)