from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Arabia or the Arabians.
- n. The language of the Arabians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to Arabia, or to the Arabian race or language.
- [i. c.] Derived from certain species of acacia growing in Arabia and other eastern countries: as, gum arabic (which see, under gum); arabic acid. See arabin.
- n. The language of the Arabians; a Semitic dialect, belonging (along with the Himyaritic and Abyssinian languages) to the southern branch of the Semitic family, and generally regarded as exhibiting more ancient features than any other Semitic tongue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Semitic language of the Arabs; spoken in a variety of dialects
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Arabs
Sorry, no etymologies found.