from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Growing, living, or burrowing in sand: arenicolous worms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. living or burrowing in sand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. growing or living or burrowing in sand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, inhabiting sand, as certain worms. See Arenicola.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. growing or living or burrowing in sand
Latin harēna, arēna, sand; see arena + -colous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)