from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a basin that holds holy water with which worshippers sprinkle themselves
- n. an aspergillum
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The stoup, basin, or other vessel for holy water in Roman Catholic churches.
- n. A brush for sprinkling holy water; an aspergill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A brush, or oftener a metallic instrument, used by the priest in Roman Catholic churches for sprinkling holy water. Also called aspergillus, aspergillum, aspergill.
- n. A holy-water stoup or font. Parker, Concise Glossary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the basin or other vessel that holds holy water in Roman Catholic Churches
- n. a short-handled device with a globe containing a sponge; used for sprinkling holy water
From Latin aspergere ("to sprinkle") (Wiktionary)