from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. With nothing on the feet: walking barefoot in the grass; a barefoot boy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Wearing nothing on the feet.
- adj. not using snow chains.
- adv. Wearing nothing on the feet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- With the feet bare; without shoes or stockings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the feet bare; without shoes and stockings.
- With the feet bare.
- In carpentry, set up on end without having its foot held in a tenon or socket, as, in balloon-framing, a post which is held merely by nailing it into place.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without shoes
- adv. without shoes on
bare + foot (Wiktionary)