from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hybrid that results from a cross between the American buffalo, or bison, and beef cattle and is typically 3/8 buffalo and 5/8 bovine. Beefalo yields leaner beef than conventional breeds of cattle. Also called cattalo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cross between a domestic cow and an American buffalo or bison.
- n. The meat of such a hybrid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hardy breed of beef cattle derived as a cross between the American bison and domestic cattle, usually being genetically 3/8 bison and 5/8 domestic bovine; -- it yields leaner beef than conventional breeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hardy breed of cattle resulting from crossing domestic cattle with the American buffalo; yields leaner beef than conventional breeds
Blend of beef and buffalo.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of beef and buffalo (Wiktionary)