from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Formation of a chemical compound by a living organism. Also called biogenesis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The synthesis of organic compounds within a living organism, especially the synthesis of large compounds from small ones.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. production of a chemical compound by a living organism.
- n. the production of chemical substances by use of reagents or enzymes derived from living organisms, in reactions modeled on those observed in living organisms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. production of a chemical compound by a living organism
From bio- + synthesis. (Wiktionary)