from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A migratory bird.
- n. A person who moves from place to place frequently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A migratory bird, especially a passage migrant.
- n. Someone passing through; an itinerant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a migratory bird.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any bird that migrates seasonally
- n. someone who leads a wandering unsettled life
After Middle French oiseau de passage. (Wiktionary)