from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A division into two parts, especially into two equal parts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Division into two parts, esp. two equal parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of bisecting, or cutting or dividing into two parts; specifically, the act of cutting into two equal parts; the division of any line, angle, figure, or quantity into two equal parts.
- n. One of two sections composing anything, or into which it may be divided: as, “one whole bisection of literature,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dividing into two equal parts
Sorry, no etymologies found.