from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of blacken.
- n. The act of turning black in colour; a black stain or mark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any preparation used to render the surface of iron, leather, etc., black. See blacking.
- Blackish; approaching black: as, in lichens, a biatorine exciple is colored or blackening, but not coal-black.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. changing to a darker color
Sorry, no etymologies found.