from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The theory that inherited characteristics are transmitted from parent to offspring by germ plasm.
- n. Reproduction of an organism by budding.
- n. The transformation of small lymphocytes into larger cells that are capable of undergoing mitosis.
- n. The development of an embryo during cleavage and germ layer formation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. reproduction via budding
- n. The transformation of small lymphocytes into larger, undifferentiated cells that undergo mitosis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Multiplication or increase by gemmation or budding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, reproduction by gemmation or budding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. theory that inherited characteristics are transmitted by germ plasm
- n. asexual reproduction by budding
blasto- + -genesis (Wiktionary)