from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that bleaches or is used in bleaching.
- n. An often unroofed outdoor grandstand for seating spectators. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, bleaches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who whitens, or whose occupation is to whiten, by bleaching.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who bleaches; one whose occupation is to whiten cloth.
- n. A vessel used in bleaching.
- n. A large shallow wooden tub, lined with metal, used in distilling petroleum; a settling-tub.
- n. Same as bleachery, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who bleaches (cloth or flour etc.)
Sense 2, from comparing a person's exposure to the sun when sitting on them with the exposure of linens bleaching on a clothesline.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
bleach + -er (Wiktionary)