from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unrealistic and impractical: "[The author] shows what is testable physics, what is philosphy's domain, and what is blue-sky nonsense” ( Ann Finkbeiner).
- adj. Having a cloudless sky; clear: a blue-sky day.
- intransitive v. To hold or express unrealistic or impractical views, especially in estimating something. Often used with it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of blue-skies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without immediate commercial value
Sorry, no etymologies found.