from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small oyster (Crassotrea virginica) found chiefly in coastal waters of the eastern United States and usually eaten raw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small oyster, Crassotrea virginica, from the eastern United States seaboard
- n. A colourpoint cat with blue markings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small edible oyster typically from the southern shore of Long Island
- n. oysters originally from Long Island Sound but now from anywhere along the northeastern seacoast; usually eaten raw
After Blue Point, a locality on Great South Bay, Long Island, New York.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)