from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the genus Bombyx of true silkmoths, whose caterpillars often feed on mulberries.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of moths, which includes the silkworm moth. See silkworm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Linnean genus of lepidopterous insects, now the type of the family Bombycidæ.
- n. In conchology, a genus of pulmonate gastropods.
- n. [lowercase] A wind-instrument of the ancient Greeks, probably sounded by a reed mouthpiece: so called from its shape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of the Bombycidae: Chinese silkworm moth
Sorry, no etymologies found.