from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A marine game fish (Albula vulpes) of warm shallow waters, having silvery scales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various game fish, of the family Albulidae, found in shallow, tropical waters
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See ladyfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of the lady-fish, macabé, or French mullet, Albula vulpes. See cut under ladyfish.
- n. A fish of the family Teuthididœ and genus Teuthis or Acanthurus; a surgeon- or doctor-fish.
- n. A name of the common dogfish, Squalus acanthias, in southern New England. See cut under dogfish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. slender silvery marine fish found in tropical mud flats and mangrove lagoons
From its many small bones.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)