from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that is borrowed, especially a word borrowed from one language for use in another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of borrow.
- n. An instance of borrowing something.
- n. A borrowed word, adopted from a foreign language; loanword.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of taking or obtaining anything on loan or at second-hand.
- n. The act of taking and using as one's own.
- n. The thing borrowed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the appropriation (of ideas or words etc) from another source
- n. obtaining funds from a lender
Sorry, no etymologies found.