from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of bowl.
- n. A precision sport where the goal is to roll biased balls (weighted on one side, and called bowls) closer to a smaller white ball (the jack or kitty) than one's opponent is able to do.
- n. A ball used in the game of bowls
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of bowl.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. See bowl, a ball, a game.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A game played with bowls on a bowling-green: applied also to skittles or ninepins (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bowling game played on a level lawn with biased wooden balls that are rolled at a jack
Sorry, no etymologies found.