from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A prickly bramble of uncertain origin but ultimately derived from a western North American blackberry (Rubus ursinus).
- n. The edible, dark wine-red to nearly black fruit of this plant, having a taste suggestive of raspberries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hybrid berry created from crossing a blackberry, red raspberry and a loganberry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a cultivated hybrid bramble of California having large dark wine-red fruit with a raspberrylike flavor.
- n. a large raspberry-flavored bramble fruit; a cross between blackberries and raspberries.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cultivated hybrid bramble of California having large dark wine-red fruit with a flavor resembling raspberries
- n. large raspberry-flavored fruit; cross between blackberries and raspberries
After Rudolph Boysen (died 1950), American botanist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named after its creator Rudolf Boysen. (Wiktionary)