from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Branches that have been cut or broken off.
- n. Dense undergrowth.
- n. An area covered by such growth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Branches and twigs fallen from trees and shrubs.
- n. Small trees and shrubs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Brush; a thicket or coppice of small trees and shrubs.
- n. Small branches of trees cut off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thicket or coppice of small trees and shrubs.
- n. Branches of trees cut off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the wood from bushes or small branches
- n. a dense growth of bushes
Sorry, no etymologies found.