from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to carbon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or obtained from, carbon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to carbon, or obtained from it.
- An engine which is moved by the expansive force of condensed carbonic acid.
- a substance (CO) obtained by allowing carbonic acid to pass over red-hot fragments of charcoal, contained in a tube of iron and porcelain, and also by several other processes. It is a colorless, inodorous gas, a little lighter than air, has neither acid nor alkaline properties, is very poisonous, and burns with a pale-lavender flame. This substance is produced when a coal-fire burns with a smokeless flame, and the pale-lavender flame produced by its combustion may often be observed playing over such a fire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or consisting of or yielding carbon
Sorry, no etymologies found.